"Jee Aaya Nu"

Welcome!!
That's what I said in Punjabi.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Can I touch your beard? Please!!

While volunteering at the sweat check station at the Brazen Lake Chabot 5k, 10k, Half-marathon event, a runner came over to collect her bag. She completed her half marathon, and as with any other runner, I just striked a conversation with her as well.

We were talking about the running, and trail runs, muddy trails, injuries, and stretching exercises.

The women kept staring at my beard while I was talking to her, and she was so much eager to touch it, that she actually moved her hand over my beard, and her fingers through the curls in the beard. I was feeling shy, honestly, as I saw few people staring at me.. :).. lolz!!!

We had a good chat later, and she thanked me for the sandwich I gave her, which was meant only for the volunteers.

So this was a funny encounter with my beard...

No comments: